Dump Truck Birthday Cake and more!

 If you know me at all, then by now you know that I LOVE to make kids birthday cakes! This year for Kaden's birthday I made a dump truck.... and look, it's hauling candy! so cute. and so easy. I originally got this idea from Nat's niece but she forgot how she made it so she gave me a photo and I was left to scheme up the blueprint on my own.


This truck body is made up of two different cake sizes. I used a 9"X13" pan as well as a loaf pan. Note: I used three box cake mixes and divvied it up between the two. Both pans were pretty full and I was a little worried they would flow over but I wanted them to be thick so they would stand tall. It worked out great! 


Once they were baked and cooled I lined them up so they were flush in the back and the big cake stuck out to form the hood.


I took a small pie shape sliver out of the top to separate the cab from the bed and shaved down each side of the big cake to line up with the dumping bed. At the hood of the truck you can angle it in just a little so it takes on the shape of a truck and not a box.


The hard part is over. Now just mix your icing to your desired color and paint way! I used Reeces Peanut Butter Cups for the wheels, Hershey Chocolate bar for the windows and chocolate Twizzlers for the exhaust pipes. 


I had very little time to plan this party so everything was quick and easy to make. I got the idea for this Birthday sign from Pinterest. I just printed the letters onto card stock in different fonts and different colors. Cut them out and glue onto other card stock paper!


These yarn balls were supper fun to make..... a bit messy, but well worth it! I made a mixture of 1/2 Elmers Glue and 1/2 water into a shallow dish. Soaked the yarn in the solution and wrapped it around the ballon in all different directions. Let it hang to dry over night and then pop the ballon the next day.


I have always loved the candy bar idea at weddings so why not at a kids party!


I found these free printable labels on line but she had "cocoa" and "flour" on them so I put them into a program I have, white-out her labels and put in my own. 


Alexia was very anxious to get at the cake :0







My little candy-holic!


No comments:

Post a Comment