My little garden & my little lady

Some dear friends, Jarred & Kendra started a huge garden mostly from seeds and since they had an abundance, they generously offered us a few of their seedlings. This is quite exciting for me as I did want to start a small garden this year but struggled to find the time to do any research. You see I have never planted or worked with a garden before so I had'nt the slightest clue when or how to begin. But now I can start my little garden off with a Banana Pepper, Bell Pepper and a Tomato plant.


My mothers day weekend was spent at Lowes with the family picking out flowers and pots for the gardens. When we got home my wonderful husband and darling little girl helped me plant everything.





Alexia just had to have these little flowers. She was so proud when we let her take them to the check out, bring them home and plant them herself!


This is it. My garden. Just the way I like it. I don't want to take on too much at one time for fear that I will botch the entire endeavor. (In the past most plants in my possession have had a very short existence.) I did have some herbs that I stared a few weeks ago but as you can see they are not doing the greatest. Somebody neglected to water them..... ahem. The rosemary plant held up and my cilantro was beginning to wilt but after much watering I see new leaves sprouting tall and proud. Sadly my dill plant has been laying on its bed of soil for a week now; I am pretty sure it's gone for good.


And this is the flower garden. There are a few new ones and two from last year but not everything I planted last year has come up again.... yet, we will see!








1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo to you for starting a garden! Love it! Sheree

    ReplyDelete